本博文源于《词博士的私教课·英语动词词组速记420》本博文属于“Day6 Week 1”
- If you cope with a problem or task,you deal with it successfully.
- If you have to cope with an unpleasant situation,you have to accept it or bear it.
- If you count on something,you expect it to happen and include it in your plans.
- If you count on someone,you rely on them to support you or help you.
- To cover something with or in something else means to put a layer of the second thing over its surface.
- If you cry out,you call out loudly because you are frightened,unhappy,or in pain.
- If you cut down a tree,you cut through its trunk so that it falls to the ground.
- If you cut down on something,you use or do less of it.
- If you cut something off,you remove it with a knife or a similar tool.
- To cut someone or something off means to separate them from things that they are normally connected with.
- To date from means to have orignated at a specified time.
- If you decide on something,you choose it from two or more possible.
- If you decorate something with something else,you make it more attractive by adding things to it.
- If someone delights in something,they get a lot of pleasure from it.
- If you say that one thing depends on another,you mean that the first thing will be affected or determined by the second.
- If you depend on someone or something,you need them in order to be able to survive physically,financially,or emotionally.
- If you can depend on a person,organization,or law,you know that they will support you or help you when you need them.
- If something is designed for a particular purpose,it is intended for that purpose.
- If you determine to do something,you make a firm decision to do it.
- If you devote yourself,your time,or your energy to something,you spend all or most of your time or energy on it.
- You can say that you are dying for something to emphasize that you very much want to have it.
- If something dies out, it becomes less and less common and eventually disappears completely.
- If something such as a fire or wind dies out, it gradually stops burning or blowing.
- If people differ about something,they do not agree with each other about it.
- If you disagree with someone or what they say,you do not accept that what they say is true or correct.You can also say that two people disagree.
- Of ypi disagree with a particular action or proposal you disapprove of it and believe that it is wrong.
- If you disapprove of something or someone,you feel or show that you do not like them or do not approve of them.
|cut down on||减少|
- It is a truly brave person who will ____ his beliefs.
- No matter how complicated the situation was,he could ___ it successfully.
- If you fall to pay the bill,they’ll ___ the electricity.
- My parents say that when I was a child I would ___ in my sleep a lot.
- The naughty boy seems to ___ making other people suffer.
- For every tree that is ___, three of four new ones are planted.
- If you are not planning on breastfeeding,you have to ___ a formula.
- He decided to ___ the rest of his life scientific investigation.
- Many local people ___ the bus to be on time every day.
- Historians ____ the origns of these local supersitions.
- Almost anyone can ___ a personal home interior ___ flowers.
- They can communicate even when they strongly ____ each other.
- A large proportion of the earth’s surface ____ water.
- How many millions of years ago did this dinosaur live and then ___ ?
- I believe any civilized country will ____ crueity to animals.
- If we want to ___ UX, then we need to understand what UX is all about.
- The origns of gunpowder in China also ___ the 9th century.
- Whatever they do,wholves always ___ the group to accomplish it.
- What they are supposed to do is to government spending.
- All the people that ____ win never say “impossible”.
- die for
- cope with
- cut off
- cry out
- delight in
- cut down
- decide on
- devote to
- count on
- differ about
- decorate with
- disagree with
- is covered with
- die out
- disapprove of
- design for
- date from
- depend on
- cut down on
- determine to
comment on/commit oneself to等动词词组